Re: PgSql on Vista? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Lambert
Subject Re: PgSql on Vista?
Date
List pgsql-general
Arkan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> have anybody installed PgSQL on Windows Vista? I tried yesterday but I
> fail... on XP and linux i've installed pgsql much times but on
> vista...  nothing to do! Version in 8.2.3 with the installer.
>
> If I install with my user account (with administrative rights), the
> installlation fails on setting file permission, about at 3/4 of the
> process.
>
> If I install with Administrator account, the installer fail when
> starting the service..
>
> any ideas?

I've got it running on my vista machine, you just need to turn off User
Account Control from the Control Panel -> Security Settings -> Other
Settings for the duration of the installation.

After install completes you can turn it back on... if you want -
personally I leave it off, it's an incredibly annoying "feature".

Note, turning UAC off and on both require reboots.

P.

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator