Re: Execution plan changed after upgrade from 7.3.9 to 8.2.3 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Execution plan changed after upgrade from 7.3.9 to 8.2.3
Date
List pgsql-performance
vincent.moreau@leroymerlin.fr wrote:
> Thanks for the update.
>
> The following did not change anything in the execution plan
>
> ALTER TABLE lm05_t_tarif_panneau ALTER COLUMN lrg_min SET STATISTICS 1000
> ALTER TABLE lm05_t_tarif_panneau ALTER COLUMN lrg_max SET STATISTICS 1000
> ANALYZE lm05_t_tarif_panneau

Hmm - so it's not the distribution of those values.

> I was able to improve response time by creating indexes, but I would
> like to avoid changing the database structure because it is not
> maintained by ourseleves, but by the  third party vendor.

Well, the indexes can't do any harm, but it would be nice not to need them.

Could you post the explain analyse with the indexes? To see how the
costs compare.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd