Re: successful booth at Fosdem (Brussels) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: successful booth at Fosdem (Brussels)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian a ?crit :
>>> PostgreSQL had a developer's room at FOSDEM in 2003.
>>>
>> I didn't know that. I've been googling a bit tonight and didn't find
>> much on this. For example, the schedule is no more available on your
>> website (http://candle.pha.pa.us/fosdem/).
>>
>> Can you tell us more on the devroom ? how many people, how many
>> conferences, main topics, etc. It seems to me you were quite happy with
>> it (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-02/msg00425.php),
>> isn't it ?
>>
>> Do you think it can be worth it to work on such an event ?
>
> I think it was great.  We had our own room and two days of
> presentations.  I did my tutorials, and had other speakers.  I think we
> had about 10 people for every talk.  I think our devroom was the most
> active.  Many other devrooms were used just for laptop hacking, which
> is kind of boring.

This year, the Debian and the Jabber devroom were only for talks and it
was really great : lots of interesting talks, some about future work
(netconf for example), some about current status of the project (Jabber
101).

> We weren't invited back in 2004 because they had a different focus.  I
> think some folks were there for 2005 (Peter?) and 2006 (Josh?).  I do
> think it is a good conference because it is low cost, very techical, and
> conveniently located for Europeans.

I think we should try to get a booth and a devroom next year. Susanne,
do you think it could be possible ?

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/