From Arjen van der Meijden
Subject Re: [kris@obsecurity.org: Progress on scaling of FreeBSD on 8 CPU systems]
Date
List pgsql-performance
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Interesting -- the MySQL/Linux graph is very similar to the graphs from
> the .nl magazine posted last year.  I think this suggests that the
> "MySQL deficiency" was rather a performance bug in Linux, not in MySQL
> itself ...

The latest benchmark we did was both with Solaris and Linux on the same
box, both showed such a drop. So I doubt its "not in MySQL", although it
might be possible to fix the load MySQL's usage pattern poses on a
system, via the OS. And since MySQL 5.0.32 is less bad than 4.1.22 on
that system. We didn't have time to test 5.0.25 again, but .32 scaled
better, so at least some of the scaling issues where actually fixed in
MySQL itself.

Best regards,

Arjen