Re: stats collector process high CPU utilization - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Benjamin Minshall
Subject Re: stats collector process high CPU utilization
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
> A further report led us to realize that 8.2.x in fact has a nasty bug
> here: the stats collector is supposed to dump its stats to a file at
> most every 500 milliseconds, but the code was actually waiting only
> 500 microseconds :-(.  The larger the stats file, the more obvious
> this problem gets.
>
> If you want to patch this before 8.2.4, try this...

Thanks for the follow-up on this issue, Tom.  I was able to link the
original huge stats file problem to some long(ish) running transactions
which blocked VACUUM, but this patch will really help.  Thanks.

-Ben

Attachment