Re: PG periodic Error on W2K - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Lambert
Subject Re: PG periodic Error on W2K
Date
List pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Paul Lambert wrote:
>> I'm running PG 8.2.3 on We doze 2000 Server. (Should I apologise for
>> that up front to appease the masses?)
>
> Probably ;)

I propound to all my sincerest of apologies for installing what I
believe to be a marvel of human creation in Postgres on what most
believe to be the ultimate travesty of what some claim to be an
operating system in Macrohard Webloze.

I would be delighted to offer my assurance that such a farce would never
again take place, but I have about forty such installations to do when
my development is complete :(

>> I am periodically getting errors pop up on the server console of the
>> following nature:
>> This showed no errors.
>>
>> I can also open the mentioned file - pgstat.stat - using notepad or any
>> other program without mention of corruption and the data within the file
>> looks to be uniform suggesting it is fine.
>
> Try turning off stats. However you will need to run vacuum using some
> other method.
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>
>> Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Should I bugger off?
>>

> The Windows port is still young, we are here to help. Try the above and
> see if the problem goes away :)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

I should mention that this particular database is my development server
so at this point it doesn't have any data because I'm still trying to
get the program prepared that populates is. (All tables have zero rows)

I don't think vacuuming will do much for me anyway so I have no problems
if I can't run it :)

I'll turn off stats and see what happens.

Thanks.

--
Paul Lambert
Technical Support Team Leader and Database Administrator