Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option
Date
Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option  ("Jonah H. Harris" <jonah.harris@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> Do you really doubt that memcpy is faster than CRC32 checking?
>> Especially when
>> you're already doing memcpy anyways and the only overhead is the few
>> unaligned
>> bytes at the end and the 8 one-byte copies?
>
> I'm saying the complexity and implementation of it is going to get you
> a bit more than you think.  If it didn't, you'd already have the thing
> coded and would be proving me wrong with the patch rather than theory.
> I can code up a checksum version in an hour or less if you want to
> give it a go.

LIVE FROM THE WWE, CAGE MATCH!

Jonah (the Theorist) Harris versus Greg (the Brain) Stark.

What is going to happen between these two brothers in arms when they
must both prove their theory!

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/