Re: SCMS question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: SCMS question
Date
Re: SCMS question  (mark@mark.mielke.cc)
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat wrote:

> FWIW ClearCase also offers a command line version of its merge tool, where it
> shows three columns (a la diff --side-by-side) and allows you to pick which
> column you want to merge in (repo, change1, or change2 for example).  It's a
> nice attempt at doing it on the command line, but the graphical version is so
> much better it's worth it to work out remote X and use that instead :-)

If ClearCase is held up as a model SCM system the God help us.

True story: a few years back I had a team that where some of them had
been using ClearCase, and when they joined our team switched to CVS. A
few months later the company made a company-wide decision to standardise
on ClearCase. Within weeks I had them begging and pleading with me to be
allowed to go back to CVS.

cheers

andrew