Re: 12 disks raid setup - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: 12 disks raid setup
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Feb 29, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Franck Routier wrote:

> my Raid controller is an Adaptec 31205 SAS/RAID controller. The
> battery
> was an option, but I didn't know it at purchase time. So I have no
> battery, but the whole system is on an UPS.

Go find one on ebay or google search, and plug it in.  Adaptec
batteries just snap in and sometimes have a bracket to clip them in
place.

Your performance will be awful without one since you can't safely
write cache.  Also, if your card has upgradable RAM (but I've never
seen an adaptec card which could) max it out.