Re: Triggers inherited? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Triggers inherited?
Date
List pgsql-general
Bertram Scharpf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it is very inconvenient for me that triggers aren't inherited:

Foreign keys too (which are a special type of trigger of course).

> Is this behaviour to be implemented at any point of time in
> the future? Could it be advisible to write the patch? Or is
> it just too easy to emulate it?

If you have the time and skills, I think many people would be interested
in a patch to handle this.

You will want to check the todo list, developers website and FAQ (and of
course the internals section of the manuals) then discuss things on the
hackers mailing list.
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html
   http://www.postgresql.org/developer/
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_DEV.html