Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> It's not so big addition to the gram.y, see a list of commands
> http://mira.sai.msu.su/~megera/pgsql/ftsdoc/sql-commands.html.
> SQL commands make FTS syntax clear and follow tradition to manage
> system objects. From the user's side, I'd be very unhappy to configure
> FTS, which can be very complex, using functions.  All we want is to
> provide users clear syntax.
This is like the third time we have been around this problem. The syntax
is clear and reasonable imo.
Can we stop arguing about it and just include? If there are specific
issues beyond syntax that is one
thing, but that this point it seems we are arguing for the sake of arguing.

Joshua D. Drake