fe_sendsuth: no password supplied - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From David Burleson
Subject fe_sendsuth: no password supplied
Date
List pgadmin-support
I have pgAdmin III 1.6 and am trying to connect to my pgsql database
through it, but i keep getting the following error:

An error has occurred:
Error connecting to server: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

I have checked my pg_hba.conf file and I have to correct line
host all all 62.6.162.34/32 md5

This problem is on a new computer (xp home). PgAdmin is able to connect
to a local pgsql server, but to this remote one it doesnt. I have
checked the IP address and it is correct, checked my network connection
settings and they match the other computers on the network. The thing
is, 3 other computers on the same network ,with the same ip address can
access this postgres without a problem.

I don't need a password for the user postgres but when I uncheck store
password in pgadmin, it asks me to enter a password, which I have tried
leaving blank and putting things in and both end up in this error.

Thanks for any help and direction in advance.

David