Re: OT: IRC nick to real world mapping - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dennis Bjorklund
Subject Re: OT: IRC nick to real world mapping
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane skrev:

> Is there any cross-check on the correctness of this list?

As have been said, there is a registration service that makes it harder
to steal nicks.

There is no guarantee that anyone who claim to be this or that really is
who he say he is. On the other hand, a lot of us have been there most
every day the last 5 years or so and after a while you do get to know
the guy (or girl) behind the nick.

> (Hint: if someone shows up in IRC claiming to be me, he's more than
> likely lying.)

In the special case of you I'm pretty sure we would spot it very fast if
someone is pretending to be you. And if someone can fool us he would be
just as good as having the real thing in the channel :-)

/Dennis