Re: Database corruption. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Guerin
Subject Re: Database corruption.
Date
List pgsql-general
> Zeroing out the whole block containing it is the usual recipe.  I forget
> the exact command but if you trawl the archives for mention of "dd" and
> "/dev/zero" you'll probably find it.  Keep in mind you want to stop the
> postmaster first, to ensure it doesn't have a copy of the bad block
> cached in memory.
>
>             regards, tom lane

You're suggesting to zero out the block in the underlying table files,
or creating the missing pg_clog file and start filling with zero's?  I
just want to clarify, b/c all references I've read so far dealing with
this error talk about zapping the pg_clog file?

Would it be safer to just find the row(s) that are having problems,
create the missing clog file to get past the error, then delete these
rows from the db?