Re: Ooops ... seems we need a re-release pronto - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paesold
Subject Re: Ooops ... seems we need a re-release pronto
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> writes:
>> Is a test going to get added to the regression tests to catch similar
>> regressions in the future?
>
> I've been thinking about that.  It seems that the regression tests have
> fairly poor coverage of use of typmod-bearing data types in general;
> most of our tests of complicated queries tend to use "simple" datatypes
> like int or text.  I don't have any immediate thoughts what to do about
> that --- massive expansion of the tests doesn't seem justified --- but
> this isn't the first bug we've hit in this area.  It's just a bit more
> embarrassing than most :-(

I think at least the most simple cases should be added. At the very least a
test that would have caught this issue. This is really the first time that
I had to pull a minor release and go back to a previous version. ;-)

As far as I understand, it's as simple as this (untested):

CREATE TABLE tab (c DECIMAL(5,2) NOT NULL,        CHECK (c >= 0)
);
INSERT INTO tab ('0');

Right?

Or at least: