Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add documentation for Windows on how to set an environment - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add documentation for Windows on how to set an environment
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, text trimmed down to a hint:
>
>   Environment variables on Windows are set as a property of <literal>My
>   Computer</>.
>

>> Bottom line: do we really want to document for people how to use
>> Windows? I don't see us documenting how to set an environment variable
>> in Unix... And *if* we want to do it, might it live better in the
>> Windows FAQ?
>>

> I think environment variables are used rarely enough on Win32 that we
> should supply a hint.

I think every Windows administrator who is not totally clueless knows
how to set the environment. Maybe home users don't use it much, but
admins certainly need to know about it.

cheers

andrew