Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC] Connect without queries?]) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC] Connect without queries?])
Date
Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC] Connect without queries?])  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-www
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 10:53 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Again, can we please get this buffoon removed from the lists? I as
>> others have already asked politely. Do I need to be rude?
>
> This is still a problem as of now (Feb 06, 00:02:20 my time).
>
> I think we should seriously consider moving to Mailman now. This has
> been raised several times before, and AFAIR Marc is the only one that is
> happy with Majordomo. Right?
>
> With Mailman, we will have a better web interface, human-controllable
> web interface. Also we can have more people to administrate the mailing
> lists. It also has an e-mail interface so that people, who does not want
> to use web interface for moderation issues, can use it.

Does it now? The only moderation emails I ever get from Mailman require
me to click a link, whereas in mj2 I can reply with 'accept' after
viewing the attached message. That's completely unworkable for me on a
PDA (which I use a lot) and a PITA on a normal PC. Unless Mailman can
now do that, I have no interest in moving the lists I moderate
(pgadmin-*, -slaves, webmaster, -www etc).

Regards, Dave.