Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?
Date
List pgsql-www
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> Dave Page wrote:
>>> What we also need is a better way to update the mirrors in a timely manner.
>
>> I don't see how we can do that unless we persuade all the mirrors to
>> update more than once per day, which I doubt the larger ones will do.
>
> Well, I was thinking more in terms of something in addition to the daily update,
> such as an hourly (or less) check that would pull in any high-priority changes[1].
> Seems that most of the time-sensitive changes we've needed affect a very small
> subset of the pages and should not be a traffic concern. The good thing about
> such a system is that we would not even need 100% buy-in right away - the ones
> not implementing it would still get the daily update. Eventually we'd want to
> strongly encourage everyone to use it, of course.

A nice idea, but a good number of our mirrors are big mirrors sites who
likely won't want to muck around with special configs for each site they
mirror.

Perhaps we could group the mirrors into 'preferred' and 'normal'
sections, where the preferred ones are all on a 2 or 4 hour update.

Regards, Dave.