Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>>> What I need is a non-public list for this, so that I can ask for web site
>>> changes 3-4 days ahead without it becoming a news item.
>> I think Dave's idea of -packagers works fine, there should be enough overlap.
>>
>> What we also need is a better way to update the mirrors in a timely manner.
>
> I don't see how we can do that unless we persuade all the mirrors to
> update more than once per day, which I doubt the larger ones will do.
>
> I guess we could consider reducing the max age of a mirror when we
> generate the selection pages - but that will mean mirrors will be
> enabled and disabled at different parts of the day for a few hours at a
> time.

how much traffic are the mirrors handling on average btw ? maybe we do
not actually need 70+ or so offical mirrors and reducing that number
significantly to the ones that can get updated more often might help a bit.

Stefan