Re: BUG #2967: BUG #2881: FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (Win32) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #2967: BUG #2881: FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (Win32)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Mika Vimpari wrote:

> Bug reference:      2967
> Logged by:          Mika Vimpari
> Email address:      dj02@dj02.net
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2.1
> Operating system:   Windows XP Pro, SP 2, Fin, 5.1.2600
> (Win32)
> Details:
>
> I checked release notes of v8.2.1 and still the bug:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2007-01/msg00043.php
> isn't fixed.
>
> I've seen that when after computer restart i stop and start the postgresql
> service again the problem doesn't appear anymore before next computer
> restart.

I think you need to give more information on how to reproduce this. Does
it happen right at restart, or later? What commands cause it to happen?
What configuration values have you changed from their default values? etc.

//Magnus