Re: Wrong digest instructions - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Wrong digest instructions
Date
Re: Wrong digest instructions  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-www
Herouth Maoz wrote:
> In http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/, there is a paragraph
> explaining how to subscribe to pgsql-general in digest mode. The
> paragraph says:
>
> If you hate getting many mail messages per day then you should consider
> a digest (where you receive multiple messages to the list as one message
> to you). To subscribe or unsubscribe from the digested list, send mail
> to majordomo@postgresql.org <mailto:majordomo@postgresql.org>. The body
> of the message should contain the single line "subscribe-digest
> pgsql-general" or "unsubscribe-digest pgsql-general"
>
> These instructions are wrong. I tried that and got an error from
> majordomo. Looking at the majordomo help, the proper subscription
> command is:
>
> subscribe-set pgsql-general digest
>
> Unsubscribe shouldn't be different from plain format unsubscribe.
>
> Please change the page to reflect this.

Thanks for reporting, this information is indeed incorrect.

Looking around, it's equally incorrect for all our lists.

Does anybody know where those pages are generated from? I can see the
page is autogenerated, so just changing the page will go away when it
regens, but where is the source?

Speaking of which, I think it'd be a good idea if someone who knows
which parts of the archives stuff are code and which are generated could
add the usable parts to the pgweb cvs, so we can track changes here.
Dave, I think that means you? ;-)

//Magnus