Re: Postgres is not starting or stopping - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: Postgres is not starting or stopping
Date
List pgsql-admin
>>        I am getting only this much...
>>
>> [root@KLC2 init.d]# ./postgresql restart
>> Stopping postgresql service:                               [FAILED]
>> Starting postgresql service:                               [FAILED]
>> [root@KLC2 init.d]#
>>             How to enable log in postgres...Please help

Unless you have turned it off logging is on by default (with minimum
setting)

Your prob may be knowing where the log is. By default you will find it
in your data directory along with postgresql.conf and it will be called
serverlog

tail that file (as root) and see what shows up there

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz