Re: Problem with Online-Backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glen Parker
Subject Re: Problem with Online-Backup
Date
Re: Problem with Online-Backup  (Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>)
List pgsql-general
> Tarring hot database files still gives me the willies.  But then, I
> wear belt and suspenders.

I understand.  A list of "file changed while we read it" errors is just
a little unnerving at first!

I did quite a few end to end backup/PITR tests, and no matter what I did
to the DB during backup, no matter how many errors tar or cpio produced,
I have been unable to find any problems with the end result.

OTOH, I still take a full base backup every night and keep ten days
worth of WAL files on our backup server, so I guess maybe I don't
*completely* trust it :-)

-Glen