Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:
> Could this be proof of you using pgAdmin ( :-) ) and checking the Store Password option? That'll save it in
pgpass.confin your profile.

> /D

I won't deny I have it installed :-)  I don't remember using the stored
password option though.
Do you also use that for the pg_restore/pg_dump so you don't have to
pipe the password?

Why don't you just store the password in a file in the same directory as
the pgAdmin executable?  That way it would not affect other
applications.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto