Re: Oracle to launch Unbrakable MySQL? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lukas Kahwe Smith
Subject Re: Oracle to launch Unbrakable MySQL?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Jim Nasby wrote:

> Another interesting thought... if Oracle offers support for MySQL, it
> certainly wouldn't surprise me if they ended up outright *buying* them
> in a few years.

They have attempted this before. However remember that SAP is a big
stack holder in MySQL AB's financing. They will do everything in their
power to prevent Oracle from buying MySQL AB, as MySQL is their wedge to
commoditize the database market (MySQL is getting SAP certified soon),
which is their open mission statement ever since they released SAP DB.

regards,
Lukas