Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 1/19/2007 12:32 PM, Brian Hurt wrote:
> Good comparison (for Postgres, anyways) from digg:
>
> http://blog.page2rss.com/2007/01/postgresql-vs-mysql-performance.html

I liked particularly this user comment:

"Now, the MySQL performance using the new techniques beats Postgres
performance using the old techniques."

So optimizing a crappy database for MySQL makes it faster than running
the crappy database on Postgres ... I never expected that one.

Jan