Re: 10 weeks to feature freeze (Pending Work) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: 10 weeks to feature freeze (Pending Work)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Or so... :)
>
> Thought I would do a poll of what is happening in the world for 8.3. I have:
>
> Alvaro Herrera: Autovacuum improvements (maintenance window etc..)
> Gavin Sherry: Bitmap Indexes (on disk), possible basic Window functions

Gavin: how's it going with the bitmap indexes? I could work on it as
well, but I don't want to step on your toes.

> Heikki Linnakangas: Working on Vacuum for Bitmap Indexes?

Yeah, that's the plan.

Also:
* Grouped Index Tuples (http://community.enterprisedb.com/git/). I don't
know how to proceed with this, but it's a feature I'd like to get in
8.3. Suggestions, anyone? I haven't received much comments on the design
or code...

* vacuum enhancements, not sure what exactly..

* Plan invalidation, possibly. Tom had plans on this as well.