Re: linked tables in MS Access - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: linked tables in MS Access
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Jiří Nouza wrote:

 > Hello,
> I've read a post [1] about how MS Access is enjoyable and efficient when tables are connected to MS SQL.
>
> But I have MS Access front end containing linked tables to Postgres via ODBC. And I'm struggling with slow
performance.When I want to open a table which contains about 8000 records it takes more then 20 sec. When I want to
movecursor at the last record it takes more than 60 extra seconds.
> I'm not able to bind comboboxes directly to larger (more than 60 records) linked table because unrolling takes 20 sec

Aren't you turning on ODBC trace ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue