Re: possible copyright infringement against postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: possible copyright infringement against postgresql
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
>> Hope this helps explain.  I am an author as well, I would never republish
>> content. :)
>>
>> Let me know if you'd like an account activated so you can see how it works
>> - but rest-assured, it's not hosted on our site, just pointed to on your
>> site. For example, these two articles send people to:
>
> I found this link that says he pays for contributions from authors:
> http://www.sswug.org/columnists/editorial.asp?wdb=09/27/2006&id=38
>
> So what's going on? Personally, I don't mind if somebody posts a reference to an article but charging money while the
authordoesn't see a penny of it?

They are charging for access to their portal. If you (not the literal
you) are too lazy to go through google to find the information, why not
let them charge? They went through all the hard work to categorizing the
information, they deserve the money people are willing to pay.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/