Re: Problems with pgsql-announce - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Problems with pgsql-announce
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> --On Monday, January 08, 2007 12:02:53 -0800 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Greg,
>
>>> Yeah, something weird is going on there. From looking at the moderation
>>> queue, it seems everyone is getting three or four duplicates. Maybe
>>> we can simply turn that off, Marc?
>> ... not if duplicates are actually being received; we don't want 3-4 or
>> each message.
>
> Right now, any duplicates are supposed to be shuffled to the moderators queue
> to deal with ... what the filter is *supposed* to deal with is spam, which
> tends to be alot of duplicates of the same message with different headers ...

Don't think I ever saw one in the queue. Plenty of bounces though...

> If I remove the duplicate altogether, I suspect that there won't be much change
> on the lists themselves, but I don't know for sure ...

It hasn't made any difference whatsoever to the slaves list, except that
we now get the reports we expect to see. I realise there's a difference
between that and other lists, but it does still get spam.

/D