Re: More 8.2 client issues (Was: [Slow dump?) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Erik Jones
Subject Re: More 8.2 client issues (Was: [Slow dump?)
Date
List pgsql-performance
Guillaume Smet wrote:
> Erik,
>
> Could you set log_min_duration_statement=0 on your server and enable
> logging (tutorial here if you don't know how to do that:
> http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/tutorial.html).
>
> You should see which queries are executed in both cases and find the
> slow one easily.
Heh, unfortunately, setting log_min_duration_statement=0 would be a
total last resort as the last we counted (2 months ago) we were doing
approximately 3 million transactions per hour.

--
erik jones <erik@myemma.com>
software development