Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL on Slashdot - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lukas Kahwe Smith
Subject Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL on Slashdot
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Jeffrey Webster wrote:
> Anyone read this?  Thoughts?
>
> Doesn't seem all that unbiased to me.  I don't recommend posting to
> their thread, since it would be a holy war.  But it's interesting to
> read people's thoughts about what's important in a database.  i.e. speed
> rules over data integrity.

The comparison is totally outdated. Even back then it was not accurate,
neither on MySQL nor on PostgreSQL. As for speed over data integrity,
MySQL users have become accustomed to making these trade off's, which
does make MySQL a better fit for some projects. I dont really see any
lesson for PostgreSQL in there though.

regards,
Lukas