alpha2 initdb PG_CONTROL_VERSION incompatibility? - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From Lou Picciano
Subject alpha2 initdb PG_CONTROL_VERSION incompatibility?
Date
List pgsql-testers
Fellow testers:

We've just implemented a fresh build of 8.5alpha2 Solaris 10 SPARC...

Interestingly, the server reports:

FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 843, but the server was compiled with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 851

Strangely, these datafiles were init'd by 8.5 alpha1, and that server has been running without objection.

However, we see the same log messages with 8.5 alpha2 against a freshly init'd cluster, built with alpha2's initdb command, or when using data init'd by alpha1.

Weird!

Lou