Re: downloads & usage of Postgres on a per city - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: downloads & usage of Postgres on a per city
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Darcy,
>
>> Do you have IP addresses, if so I can convert those to country with
>> somewhere around 95% accuracy
>
> I'll check.  Unfortuntely, I'm leaving town in 2 days so now is not the ideal
> time to produce such figures.  The downloads database is on wwwmaster if you
> want to take a stab at it, but I have normalization code that weeds out
> duplicates and sorts by PG version & platform.

The database on wwwmaster already contains the country code as returned
by the ip-to-country mapping that's in the wwwmaster database. I'm
unsure of how updated it is, but it should give you most of them the
right way. So you can just use the field "country" along with whatever
normalization you were already doing.

//Magnus