Status of SSL encryption in ODBC driver - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John McCawley
Subject Status of SSL encryption in ODBC driver
Date
List pgsql-general
I did a few searches on the mailing list, and checked the documentation
of psqlODBC, and I'm confused as to the current status of SSL support in
psqlODBC.  From the mailing list, it appears that the Open Source driver
does not fully support SSL, and I would need to use the commercial ODBC
driver from commandprompt if I needed SSL support.

In the FAQ, I see an indication that encrypted passwords are supported,
but encrypted data is not.  But then there is a note "*Note:* As of
version 08.01.002, psqlODBC now supports SSL encrypted connections."

Does this mean that SSL encryption is now fully supported?

John