Re: Patch: compiling the docs under Gentoo - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christian Kruse
Subject Re: Patch: compiling the docs under Gentoo
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tuesday 11 February 2014 16:04:30 Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 1/30/14, 2:42 AM, Christian Kruse wrote:
> > +    Since Gentoo often supports different versions of a package to be
> > +    installed you have to tell the PostgreSQL build environment where the
> > +    Docbook DTD is located:
> > +<programlisting>
> > +cd /path/to/postgresql/sources/doc
> > +make DOCBOOKSTYLE=/usr/share/sgml/docbook/sgml-dtd-4.2
> > +</programlisting>
>
> This is wrong.

To be honest I noticed a few days ago that this is unnecessary. Just
installing the right packages already solved the problem, it was a
fallacy that setting DOCBOOKSTYLE did help.

I just didn't have had the time to send a new version of the patch,
yet…

Best regards,

-- Christian Kruse               http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services