Re: Working with one live and one development database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Working with one live and one development database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5 Dec 2006 at 2:59, hugo.wetterberg@gmail.com wrote:

> live database. We need to copy all data, structure information,
> functions et.c. from the live database to the development database
> every now and then. The development database will be on a separate
> machine. What is the best way to do this?

I do that every now and then.....I simply do a complete dump of the
database I need using pg_dump, and then reload it on the development
machine using psql (I generally do a text-format dump).

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod@iol.ie