Re: Dynamic Tracing docs - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Dynamic Tracing docs
Date
List pgsql-patches
Simon Riggs a écrit :
> Enclose new trace.sgml file as discussed on -docs.
>
> This includes some heavily rewritten words and mostly verbatim programs
> from http://blogs.sun.com/robertlor/entry/user_level_dtrace_probes_in,
> as invited to do by Josh Berkus and Robert Lor on 27 Nov in private
> correspondence prior to my post on -docs. There is substantial
> additional material as well as genericisation so it is suitable for
> inclusion in general docs.
>
> This includes refactoring of some of the trace related GUC docs from
> config.sgml, so its all in the one place.
>
> SGML is clean apart from two xrefs that don't work properly:
>
> openjade:config.sgml:4412:23:X: reference to non-existent ID
> "TRACE-CONFIG-DEVELOPER"
> openjade:wal.sgml:292:31:X: reference to non-existent ID "GUC-WAL-DEBUG"
> openjade:/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets/html/dblink.dsl:203:1:E: XRef LinkEnd to missing ID
'TRACE-CONFIG-DEVELOPER'
> openjade:/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets/html/dblink.dsl:203:1:E: XRef LinkEnd to missing ID
'GUC-WAL-DEBUG'

Don't you need to lowercase them ? at least guc-wal-config exists in
config.sgml, but in lowercase only.

grep -ir shows nothing about a TRACE-CONFIG-DEVELOPER ID. In
config.sgml, there is a runtime-config-developer but I don't know if
this is the one you're searching for.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.