Re: Restoring database from files on disk - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Restoring database from files on disk
Date
List pgsql-general
veejar wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't have any other information: dumps, other folders
> from pgsql root directory.
> What tools?

Start here:
   http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/

And you'll want to read and understand the Internals/Physical Storage
chapters of the manuals.

 From past experience recovering data in a variety of circumstances, I'd
recommend getting what you can easily then writing the rest off as lost.
Chances are you may never get everything in a consistent state,
particularly as you've had disk problems which caused this in the first
place.

PS - Don't forget to cc: the mailing list when you reply. There are
plenty of people who know more than me around.

PPS - Make sure you have a backup of all the remaining files before you
begin.

PPPS - Don't forget to put a proper backup strategy in place once you've
recovered what you can.

Good Luck!

--
   Richard Huxton