Re: Restoring database from files on disk - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Restoring database from files on disk
Date
List pgsql-general
veejar wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I had problems with my HDD and i have lost many files. From my pgsql
> database files I have only "base"-folder. In this folder one is
> important database:
> base/45325101

> How to correct this one database?

You can't. You need all the files in data/ - recover the whole cluster
and then dump the one you're interested in.

It that's impossible, there are some tools that can dump on-disk
structures, but they're not designed for recovering a database and
you're unlikely to get all your data back that way anyway.

Use your last backup - it'll save you time.
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd