Re: -HEAD configure issue with libedit on linux - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: -HEAD configure issue with libedit on linux
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>> There seem to be a number of issues with our libedit support.
>> One of them is that we fail to build on Linux (at least on Debian
>> Etch/4.0 x86_64 and i386) if libedit-dev is installed but not
>> libreadline5-dev.
>
> And what other ones?

I'm too tired to look into that in more detail today but it looks like
we are not picking up libedit(which should be in the base installation
there) on FreeBSD even with --with-libedit-preferred

config.log available at:

http://www.kaltenbrunner.cc/files/config.log

Stefan