Re: DB crashed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ranjan Kumar Baisak
Subject Re: DB crashed
Date
List pgsql-general
Thomas H. wrote:
@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; } P.MsoNormal {FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } LI.MsoNormal {FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } DIV.MsoNormal {FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } A:link {COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlink {COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } A:visited {COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.EmailStyle17 {COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Arial } DIV.Section1 {page: Section1 }
post some more informations, i.e. version, latest entries in logfile before crash, etc.

- thomas
----- Original Message -----
From: rbaisak
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 8:26 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] DB crashed

I have been using postgres since a long time. Recently number of users in my portal has been increased drastically and because of that load on Database server has been increased. Suddenly postgres Database crashed and I need to restart the DB.  I am not able to find out root cause of this problem. I need help to get any clue regarding what query caused DB to crash. Any utility/program that can help me to debug the DB will be well appreciated.

- R

I am using Postgres 7.4.3. Unfortunately I could not able to track log file as this was happened with live system.