Re: fatal error on 8.1 server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: fatal error on 8.1 server
Date
List pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Stop the postmaster, start a standalone backend, and issue a
> database-wide VACUUM on database postgres.

Just in case anyone is interested I did get it up and running with no
damage to the system.
It took well over a year for it to reach the 1 million threshold mark.
This is on a very very busy Postfix email server that does lookups
against at table for things like relay hosts etc.
It took awhile for me to piece together everything I needed from the
docs, I found the info about starting a standalone backend in the
reindex docs.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design