Re: BUG #2768: dates before year 1600 in timestamptz column give strange results - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #2768: dates before year 1600 in timestamptz column give strange results
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>  The weird offset from GMT is probably a function of your local
>> timezone, which you didn't
>> mention.
>
> Most likely "Europe/Helsinki". I can reproduce the problem with that:

Confirmed that it's expected behavior. The timezone really was
GMT+01:39:52 until  May 1st, 1921. See

http://igs.kirjastot.fi/iGS/kysymykset/haku.aspx?word=Kes%C3%A4aika

and search for "1921" for details (in Finnish).

--
   Heikki Linnakangas