Re: Gather performance analysis - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Gather performance analysis
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/28/21 14:00, Dilip Kumar wrote:

> I think that would be great, can we just test this specific target
> where we are seeing a huge dip with the patch, e.g.
> with 10000000 rows, 10 columns and 4 threads, and queue size 64k.  In
> my performance machine, I tried to run this test multiple times but on
> the head, it is taking ~2000 ms whereas with the patch it is ~1500 ms,
> so I am not able to reproduce this.  So it would be good if you can
> run only this specific test and repeat it a couple of times on your
> performance machine.

I ran the benchmark again, with 10 runs instead of 5, the results and
scripts are attached. It seems the worst case got much better and is now
in line with the rest of the results, so it probably was a coincidence.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company