Re: On what we want to support: travel? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chander Ganesan
Subject Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Chander,
>

>> Does Sun, by any chance, plan on getting into TPC for Sun Supported
>> PostgreSQL?
>>

> I think that you can understand that even if we were working on one, I
> couldn't talk about it on a publically archived list.  TPC is *very*
> political.

Makes sense..but it never hurts to ask. ;-)   The question still stands,
might some of the corporates that are PostgreSQL based be interested in
footing the community bill (an $18,500 savings!) and sending a person to
the meetings or run the benchmarks (to represent the community) for the
ability to have some PostgreSQL benchmarks.  I get the impression that
participation isn't as important as the benchmarks...so they could skip
the meetings and just do the benchmarks... ;-)

--
Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group