Re: On what we want to support: travel? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date
Re: On what we want to support: travel?
List pgsql-advocacy
Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 20:29:43 -0500,
>   Dan Langille <dan@langille.org> wrote:
>> On 1 Nov 2006 at 20:36, Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumach wrote:
>>
>> More users mean more resources to draw from.  When people get
>> enthusiastic about something, they have energy to contribute.  In
>> general, people do not go out of their way to contribute to projects
>> they have no interest in.
>
> It also means more users to support. Depending on the mix of new users,
> the overall effect on the project could end up being negative.

This is easily the saddest statement I have seen in this thread. Are we
so l33t that we are unwilling to help newbies come to our wonderful project?

If that is the opinion of this project, I am ready to move to another one.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

P.S. Thank goodness it is not the opinion of this project.

             http://www.commandprompt.com/