Re: Setting "nice" values - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Madison Kelly
Subject Re: Setting "nice" values
Date
List pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> nope, the priorities don't pass down.  you connect via a client lib to
> the server, which spawns a backend process that does the work for you.
> The backend process inherits its priority from the postmaster that
> spawns it, and they all run at the same priority.

Shoot, but figured. :)

>> Thanks for the tip, too, it's something I will try.
>
> Sometimes it's the simple solutions that work best.  :)  Welcome to the
> world of pgsql, btw...

Heh, if only I was new to pgsql I wouldn't feel silly for asking so many
questions :P. In the same right though, I enjoy PgSQL/Linux/FOSS in
general *because* there seems to never be a shortage of things to learn.

Thanks!

Madi