2 quirks in "Find and Replace" dialogue - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Erwin Brandstetter
Subject 2 quirks in "Find and Replace" dialogue
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi developers! Hi Dave!

Just found the new beta4 ready for download. So I am testing pgAdmin III
Beta 4 (Oct 25 2006, rev: 5530:5531) on win XP now.

SQL query dialogue window, "Find and Replace" dialogue ...

1.) Using the settings: "From the top" and "Forwards", I click "Find",
the first match is being marked.
Subsequent clicks achieve nothing (same match keeps being marked),
although there are more matches in the text.
Next click on "Find" should mark the next match (if there is one).

2.) I type text in both fields and hit "Replace". The next match is
being found, replaced and the replacement is being marked. No matter
what has been marked previously.
How it should work (I think):
"Replace" while search text is not yet marked, should find the next
match and mark it. But not replaced it yet.
"Replace" while search text is marked, should replace the text, and the
next occurrance of the search text should to be marked.
Rationale:
- One sees the match highlighted in context, before deciding whether to
replace it.
- It is the generally used way in editors I know (OOo, vim, ..)

BTW.: You have fixed a few things since rev.5531. Is there a general way
to get the latest binaries for win XP (something like "nightly builds")?
If I keep beta-testing I would not want to miss that.

Regards
Erwin