Re: Is WAL_DEBUG related code still relevant today? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is WAL_DEBUG related code still relevant today?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Dec 02, 2023 at 07:36:29PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
>> I started to think if this code is needed at all in production. How
>> about we do either of the following?

> Well, the fact that this code is hidden behind an off-by-default macro
> seems like a pretty strong indicator that it is not intended for
> production.  But that doesn't mean we should remove it.

Agreed, production is not the question here.  The question is whether
it's of any use to developers either.  It looks to me that the code's
been broken since v13, if not before, which very strongly suggests
that nobody is using it.  Think I'd vote for nuking it rather than
putting effort into fixing it.